Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Graphic Novel Challenge 2014


As most of you know I am a huge comic book geek. I read as many as I can through NetGalley, my library, and any other way I can get my hands on them. I stumbled onto this late last year and found that this challenge was for me. When I joined I had already completed the challenge but still included the graphic novels I read last year just to see how many I read. There were a few that didn't make the list because I took a break from blogging.

This year there are three levels to pick from. These are the levels:

Levels

Modern Age: read and review 12 books during the year (that's only 1 book a month)

Bronze Age: read and review 24 books during the year (Can you handle 2 books a month.)

Silver Age: read and review 52 books during the year (Are you up to a book a week!)

I think I am going all in. I will be trying for the Silver Age. 52 graphic novels seems like a lot, and I don't have the same amount of time to read this year as I did last, but I finished last year with close to 40 graphic novels. This will push me to try for it, and I have a huge list of graphic novels I want to catch up on. Plus, last year I found NetGalley around August. NetGalley was a big supplier of my graphic novels, and I couldn't be more grateful. They helped me get out of my comfort zone and try new story lines and new publishers. DC Comics still remains my all time favorite comic publisher, and they provided me with quite a few last year that I was dying to read. 

I can't wait to see what is in store for me this year in the way of comics to read. There are still a bunch of story lines from DC Comics' New 52 that I haven't read, and those are first on my list. I also have to make sure to keep up with the Batman Family story lines. Death of the Family was absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to see what is next for Batman. 

Wish me luck this year, and I hope to have a ton of amazing graphic novels to recommend this year.  

4 comments:

  1. Silver Age ... here we come!! Thanks to netgalley is right!! Really I love to get Graphic Novels from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. I have read so many great graphic novels I never would have given a second look had it not been for NetGallely. Good luck to you, I hope we can make this goal.

      Delete
  2. Welcome Back Chris! Looks like there will be a few of us going all the way to 52! I sooo totally agree with you on Netgalley, DC and well, everything you said. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very excited to be participating in this challenge again. I'm so glad you host this. I had so much fun last year that I knew I had to really challenge myself this year. Can't wait to see what's in store for this year.

      Delete