Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!!!!


Happy New Year!!! After a year filled with ups and downs I am ready to start fresh. I have big hopes for what lies ahead for me and my family in the new year. Each new year I take some time to reflect on what has happened and try to move past some of the rougher moments. This past year has had a lot of change for me, and I am usually not very good with change. The biggest change for me was the birth of my beautiful daughter. I have a son who is 4 and an absolute joy, but when I heard my wife was going to have a girl I was terrified. I don't know anything about girls. I'm still shocked I landed my wife and that she has been with me for 8 amazing years of marriage, let alone the 11 years total.

The other change for me, that took a lot of courage for me, was to become a blogger. I have followed several blogs for years such as Angela's Anxious Life and Read and Reviewed. I have always wanted to be a writer, but I have been terrified of any form of social networking. You will not find me on Twitter or Facebook. I wanted to try my hand at writing and see what people actually thought. So far all I write here is reviews, but I am slowly building up my courage to write something original to post here. This was a big step for me, and I am loving it. Blogging has become a new fun hobby that has allowed me to read more and share my opinions with a very large audience.

I really need to thank all of you who read this regularly and comment . You all have given me confidence to keep going with my blog. The only other person I need to thank is my wife for her encouragement and editing skills. She usually reads my post before I post them to make sure I didn't make a total fool of myself. What would I ever do with out my wonderful wife?

I have taken quite a break from blogging because of being so busy. I am dying to get back into it and have had some posts that I am really proud of. Doctor Sleep was one that I loved writing almost as much as I did reading the book. So as I reflect on 2013 I have had a lot to be happy about and even more to look forward to in 2014. The next few posts I have set up will be some of the reflections I've had. A friend of mine posted on her blog an end of the year survey she found so I can't wait to take the survey myself. I also want to share the best and worst books I read in 2013. Thankfully there weren't any books I just couldn't stand but a few I was disappointed in. I did read several amazing books that I can't wait to revisit down the road. For now I will just revisit my thoughts and take a moment to brag about the books and authors a little more.

Since I have rambled on long enough I want to wish everyone a New Year filled with joy and success. I hope you continue to visit my blog, and please feel free to leave comments. Good or bad I like to know people read this stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Years. How nice your wife edits your posts. I'll post my posts and my mom will read them and call me to correct my grammar! LOL! I haven't read your Doctor Sleep post yet because I want to wait until I read it myself. Can't wait to see what you have in store for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too. My mom has done the same with things we have missed. I get emails with the correction.

      I thought you had read Doctor Sleep. It was really good and one of my favorites. I don't ever write spoilers but I will look forward to reading your review when you read it. I'm still so jealous you got to see him in person and your Mom's copy is signed.

      I'm really excited to see what's in store for me in 2014. I also can't wait to see what you have to post about.

      Delete