Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday- Man of Steel


 Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This day allows us to share news on upcoming releases that have us on the edge of our seats in anticipation.


This week my Waiting on Wednesday is for the Blu-Ray release of Man of steel. I have already reviewed this movie so I wont bore you with how awesome it is. However, if you would like to read my review just click the second link and it will take you there.

This is the best movie I have seen this year and I can't wait to watch it again. My wife and I don'tget to see movies in the theater very often so when we do it has to be a one we both really want to see. This one we saw in 3D and it was worth the extra cost. The 3D effects on this movie were really good and I am going to get this in the 3D Blu-Ray so when I finally get my 3D TV this will be one of the first I watch on it.

This release has some cool special features listed and I really enjoy watching all the behind the scenes stuff as well as the movie. Some of the special features that are listed are:

Journey of Discovery: Creating the Man of Steel -Watch this movie with Zach Snyder as he shares the incredible as he shares his journey to reimagine Superman. 
All Out Action- Taking superhero action to spectacular heights of realism.
Planet Krypton- The world's first exploration of Krypton and it's lost society.

I really like the "in movie" special features. Zach Snyder did this in Watchmen and Robert Downy Jr did it with Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. It is fun to hear their thoughts on different scenes as the movie progresses. It can get annoying if you are not a fan of commentary but occasionally it is worth it to hear all the different stories they have about making the movie.

If you haven't seen this movie get ready to rent it. It is definitely worth the rent and I would encourage you to pre-order it. This was an amazing take on Superman that hasn't been done in the past. Man of Steel completely makes up for how bad Superman Returns was.

This movie will also be offered in a Collectors edition. There isn't any extra features to this other than the really cool collectors tin. The tin is the storage for the movie and comes with a stand that holds this for display. I have to ask myself if the Collectors tin is really worth the extra 10$ but the inner geek in me is having a hard time not ordering it now, and the adult is thinking my baby needs diapers constantly. Here is a look at the collectors edition so you can decide for yourself.



Man of Steel will be released November 12th and I can't wait. I still have a little time to decide if I want to get the collectors tin, but right now I am on the fence. Amazing movie though so check it out when it is released.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Didn't get around to seeing this one! Might have to rent it though!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should it was really well done. Even if you aren't a fan of the whole comic book aspect of this it was still a really good action movie.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete