Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday- Hollow City by Ransom Riggs



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This day allows us to share news on upcoming releases that have us on the edge of our seats in anticipation.

This is book two in the Miss Peregrine series. The first book was a mixture of really weird pictures that were found at garage sales, flee markets, and estate sales. Ransom Riggs did a great job incorporating these weird photos in his story. Hollow City is the continuation of that story. Here is the Goodreads description:
In 1940 after the first book ends, Jacob and his new Welsh island friends flee to London, the Peculiar capital of the world. Caul, a dangerous madman, is Miss Peregrine’s brother, and can steal Peculiar abilities for himself. The Peculiars must fight for survival, again.
 Not  much to go on, but having read the first book I have been anxious for this to come out. My wife and I read the first book right as it came out so we have been waiting for two and a half years. This book is set to be released January 14th, 2014. As far as I can tell there hasn't been cover art released because this is all I could find. I'm looking forward to getting this book so my wife and I can fight over who gets to read it first (I always let her read the books we like first). I am also very curious to see what the cover will look like. If you know more about the story or cover art please feel free to comment and update me. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Starting to see this series around a bit! Hope you enjoy this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the idea of the first book which is why I bought it, but once my wife and I read it we were instantly hooked. Can't wait to see what Ransom Riggs has in store for us with this one. I also wonder what odd and creepy pictures he has found to include in this book.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I can't believe how long it took for this book to come out. I guess it takes awhile to find those odd pictures and then tailor a story around it. Have you seen the graphic novel? I haven't had a chance to check it out but I saw it on Goodreads.

      Delete