Thursday, October 10, 2013

Follow Me Friday- Feature a Blogger


Feature Follow is the day of the week that we get to know each other and make some new friends. This is graciously put on by our hosts Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Each week there is one blog featured by each host and a question to help us break the ice and open discussion. Since I am new to blogging I don't currently have a preference as to how you follow me. Feel free to follow through bloglovin, email, or GFC. I'm not picky just happy to have the company.

Follow on Bloglovin 

This weeks question is:  

This week is an activity where we feature our favorite blogger.

My featured blogger is...

Angela's Anxious Life 


Angie has been a big help in getting my blog up and running. I have a few friends who have helped answer questions when I have them, but Angie has been my main go to. Since she has helped me so much by introducing me to this feature and others I feel I should thank her by featuring her blog here. I am also featuring this blog because we have a lot of the same tastes in books and video games. She is a moderator for the Stephen King group I am in on Goodreads, and she reviews a lot of the graphic novels I have reviewed or currently have on my to-read list. Angie also reviews video games on her blog as well.

Questions:

Why do you blog, and when did you start?
Well technically I started my blog in September 2010. Originally it was going to be a personal blog. Then I decided to go ahead and give book blogging a chance. I kept the same blog and in April 2011 started talking about books! That is the reason my blog is named Angela’s Anxious Life. The blog was supposed to be about my life, and then I changed it but decided to just keep the name. I sometimes wonder if the blog name confuses people! I started blogging about books because I love to read, and unfortunately people in my real life don’t. So I found other people who love books through blogging, and I find a lot of suggestions on books as well.
What advice would you give a new blogger such as myself?
Advice I give bloggers is don't be afraid to ask the community for help. We all started with zero followers. We all started with a simple blog and learned from there. Honestly those of us who love to blog won't hide how to do things. We want others to know how to do it also. 
Since I met you in the Stephen King group on Goodreads, what is your favorite/least favorite King novel?
Oh wow! Well... my personal favorite is the Dark Tower novels. They are so unlike any of King's other books! They really do take you on a journey and are a mixture of horror, fantasy, mystery, romance, and any other genre you can think of. I met King recently (well I watched him speak that is...) and it was amazing! http://angelasanxiouslife.blogspot.co... 
 I know you read a lot of different graphic novels, but when it comes down to it... DC or Marvel?
Oh man... well I think I am a DC girl. I have loved Wonder Woman since I was a little, little girl. I have a picture my mom took of me in my Wonder Woman pjs from the 80s, so I just love her. Plus I think Superman and Batman are cool too.. just sayin!
Thank you Angie for taking the time to answer my questions. If you haven't checked out her blog I would highly recommend it. So what is your favorite blog? 

13 comments:

  1. It's great to have a friend help with blogging issues. I couldn't have started blogging without my friends' help.

    My FF @ Buried Under Romance

    Following you via GFC, and Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't agree more. I have some great friends who are always willing to help and Angie is one of the best I think. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. Oh nice!! Love Angela's blog!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She reall has some great reviews. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. My pleasure. Thank you so much for all your help getting my blog up and running.

      Delete
  4. It's hard to find someone who helps you get started. You're lucky :D Old follower. My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am and she still helps me when I have questions. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. Glad you have a friend to help you out!! I'm an old follower!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Nicole. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  6. Oh it's lovely to see a blog featured that I actually know. I love Angies blog! And one of my favourite things about the book blogging community is that we all support each other.

    Thanks for following me, I'm following you now too on bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her blog is great, I really like the video games reviews. We tend to have the same tastes in games and graphic novels so I always look forward to her new posts.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. New follower on Bloglovin'. I will stop by Angela's blog next! My FF

    ReplyDelete