Thursday, October 17, 2013

Feature Follow- Favorite Magazines


Feature Follow is the day of the week that we get to know each other and make some new friends. This is graciously put on by our hosts Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Each week there is one blog featured by each host and a question to help us break the ice and open discussion. Since I am new to blogging I don't currently have a preference as to how you follow me. Feel free to follow through bloglovin, email, or GFC. I'm not picky just happy to have the company.


Follow on Bloglovin 

This weeks question is: 

What are some of your favorite magazines???

There really is only one magazine that I subscribe to and that is:


I have been a fan of mysteries since I became a young adult. Sherlock Holmes is just one of my favorites. This magazine showcases different mystery authors and their short stories. Along with these short pieces there are book reviews and all kinds of interesting articles.I have been interested in this magazine for years but never subscribed. Last year when Apple rolled out their new iOS for the iPad and it included Newsstand I decided it was time to subscribe. You can't get rid of Newsstand on your device so I figured I might as well put it to use. I love having all the new issues download automatically when they are published. It's such a nice surprise when I get that little notification saying I have a new issue. I have really enjoyed this magazine and will be renewing my subscription at the end of my year.


  




My Library just added digital copies of magazines to their offerings and I have really gotten a kick out of checking these out. The one magazine I check out fairly regularly from the library is:

I don't read it all that often but I used to. When I bought my first Jeep Wrangler back in 2001 I read this every month. I loved seeing what other owners have done to their jeep in the ways of customization, what lift kits were the best, and what I would need to go off roading. I took my old Jeep off roading every summer and loved driving over nature. I love "More Power."
(Insert manly grunt here!!!)




Other than that I don't really read many magazines. I am finding it harder and harder to find time to read, so I would rather read my books instead of magazines. I thought about adding Engadget's Distro magazine, but even though I have it on my iPad, I find I read their blog a lot more than the magazine. Their blog is awesome if you are a tech nerd like me so check it out here Engadget.

So what magazines do you enjoy? Also if you know of a good magazine that has mystery stories or even horror stories in them let me know. I would love to check them out. I do read Fangoria from time to time because I love horror movies, and this magazine has all the good info on what's coming from mainstream to B movies. 



18 comments:

  1. Hopping through. Great video clip. Home Improvement was my fav show as a kid. I've just started reading Sherlock Holmes. I've read Study in Scarlet, Adventure of Sherlock Holmes, and I'm almost done with Sign of Four and Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still a huge fan of Home Improvement. I still grunt like Tim even today. My son thinks it's hilarious but he is only 3.

      I love those books of Holmes you have read. One of my favorites is the Hound of the Baskerville. It was really good. You ever want to talk Sherlock Holmes send me an email. I'm always happy to talk about those books.

      Delete
  2. um... I need to check out my library's digital magazine checkouts. I don't know why I haven't done that yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cool. Once you check them out they are yours so I don't have to worry about not getting to read all I wanted to by a certain date. I can easily fit in a little magazine reading while I'm out and don't have my book.

      Delete
  3. oh cool i need to check them out. thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Friday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/feature-and-follow-67.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. I'd rather read books too! But that mystery magazine looks cool :)
    Old bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really interesting. I have found some great short stories in Ellery Queen

      Delete
  5. Yeah I am book reader too! Rarely pick up a magazine!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more time to read but that pesky job gets in the way. Thanks for stopping by and I liked your FF too.

      Delete
  6. I'd rather read books too!
    New follower via GFC and Bloglovin
    Here is our FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait, what? Digital copies of magazines? From the library/ Oh, you're going to have to email me about this. Details! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time is limited for me too, so it's more reading books than magazines. Thanks for stopping by and following. Now following via bloglovin. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We followed you. :) Please follow any or all of the links on our page 2 Bookaholics/

    Thanks
    Jammie & Lisa
    2 Bookaholics

    ReplyDelete
  10. The iPad really gets you reading, doesn't it. There's so much choice which you don't get at the local news agents. I recently subscribed to Mslexia. I've never seen that in the shop but I just love it.
    When in doubt I'll always go for the bookish magazine ;)

    Cheers, Katarina :)

    PS. I'll follow you via bloglovin #FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my iPad. I like having my Kindle books and these magazines on it. If I'm out and I don't have a book I love the back up. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. Looks interesting. thanks for sharing with us.
    OLD Follower.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete