Friday, August 23, 2013

Follow Me Friday- Current Reads


Feature Follow is the day of the week that we get to know each other and make some new friends. This is graciously put on by our hosts Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Each week there is one blog featured by each host and a question to help us break the ice and open discussion. Since I am new to blogging I don't currently have a preference as to how you follow me. Feel free to follow through bloglovin, email, or GFC. I'm not picky just happy to have the company.

Follow on Bloglovin

This week was actually an activity. Take a self portrait with your current reads. Well, here it is. 


I feel my smile is a little goofy and I just don't pose for pictures well. The important thing is what I'm reading. Yes, I am reading three different books. I'm listening to Storm Front by Richard Castle, and I've got an ARC ebook of Sons of Moriarty and More Stories of Sherlock Holmes by Loren D Estelman. I just got Garment of Shadows by Laurie R King, and I'm looking forward to really getting into it.  I have a lot on my plate, and I don't get to read very often, but I power through. I've also gotten pretty good at keeping all the plots straight. 

Part of me wishes I had some cooler books like a Stephen King or Jeffery Deaver book, but these are on my TBR list and it is about time I got to them. I am pretty happy to have two Sherlock Holmes pastiches  though. Please be kind if you comment about the picture, I never feel happy with pictures of me, and I don't normally put myself out there like this. 

What are you reading???

19 comments:

  1. I'm reading a lot more than that, LOL. I have like 5 books I'm kind of juggling. I also haven't read of these books because I read YA, but still.
    Followed!

    Check out my feature in return? Don’t forget to follow via Bloglovin’!

    - Nova @ Musings of a Blogder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 5 books! I don;t think I could find enough hours in the day to do that. I think I have read 4 at once but one was a graphic novel and I can usually finish those in one sitting.

    Thanks for following, I hope one of my reviews will peak your interest even if you do mainly read YA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to see a guy in the mix!! I can't read too many books at one time. I found I can read a book and also read an audiobook in between and not be too bad though!

    Old follower!

    Here's My FF

    Amber @Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have noticed that there aren't many guys who blog. I like to write and I love to read so it just works for me. I like the audio books because I can listen while I work. It really helps pass the time. I try not to read books that are similar in plot and characters together because then I do mix up events between books.

      Delete
  4. Hi! Following back. I look forward to reading your reviews as well. Thanks for stopping by!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower here from Feature and follow Friday! I like the pic :)

    Here my F&FF http://www.gobookyourself.info/2013/08/feature-and-follow-friday-23813.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, thanks for stopping by. I'll follow back.
    I also like to read multiple books at the same time. Looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm not the only one who reads numerous books at once! Woohoo! I followed back via Bloglovin :)
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually surprised at home many people like to read multiple books at once. Thanks for checking out my blog.

      Delete
  8. I also love Sherlock Holmes but I'm not sure if I would love something written by another author other than Arthur Conan Doyle.

    And don't worry about your pic, you look handsome. And I am serious. :D

    Old follower on bloglovin.

    I am so jealous right now!  I want the Dream Thieves but NG disapproved my request. Please read it for the both of us. 

    New follower on bloglovin.  :D

    Thoughts and Pens Feature Follow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the last paragraph by the way. >,< I was meant to copy my URL html and copied the whole message. *sighs*

      Delete
    2. I have been a fan of Sherlock Holmes since I was a child. It was hard at first to read stories by other authors. I have been really impressed with a few. I would highly recommend checking out Dust and Shadow by Lyndsay Fey. I also really liked Anthony Horowitz's book House of Silk. Both authors I feel did Doyle Justice, both in tone and feel.

      Dust and Shadow is a Sherlock Vs Jack the Ripper book so it gets pretty graphic in the detal at times but a really good book.

      Delete
  9. Wow.There's a lot book :D New Follower via GFC,Twitter and more Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog. I like to have a few books going at a time. That way if I get bored with one I can pick up another book and keep on reading.

      Delete
  10. That's reading! Three different books. Nice. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day.

    Oh I like Deaver. I've read Kathryn Dance series, well except from the last one ,XO. Have you read this series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have and it was really good. I am a big Fan of Deaver and have read all of his books. Even the first two which are no longer in print. I hope you really enjoy XO when you get to it. Thanks for checking out my blog.

      Delete
  11. I totally missed this week's follow friday!!! Bummer!!! I love that you have all different types of books.. audio, ebook and physical book!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you were just busy when I didn't see your Follow Friday post. I love all kinds of books and usually have one of each going all the time. It's nice having the Audio and Kindle books because I can take them with me anywhere, and then I can pick which I am in the mood for. I like having options when I read.

      Delete