Friday, August 16, 2013

Follow me Friday- Book Blogging


Feature Follow is the day of the week that we get to know each other and make some new friends. This is graciously put on by our hosts Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Each week there is one blog featured by each host and a question to help us break the ice and open discussion. Since I am new to blogging I don't currently have a preference as to how you follow me. Feel free to follow through bloglovin, email, or GFC. I'm not picky just happy to have the company.

Follow on Bloglovin

This weeks question is: Share something you've learned about book blogging or just blogging in general in the last month.

Wow, where do I start??? I haven't had my blog up for a full month yet so I have learned a ton of stuff. The easy stuff I have learned so far is how to include a picture in my blog, or a hyper link to Amazon or Goodreads pages. I have also learned some formatting stuff. I have learned all this with the help from some great friends. Angie and Merin, you have been lifesavers with all the questions I have asked you since I started. 

Some of the harder lessons I have learned are things like: I don't need to post every day. Blogging should be fun. When it feels like a job it is time to step back. I have also learned that this whole blogging thing isn't as scary as I thought. I am not a fan of social networking at all. Goodreads is a stretch for me, and I still am avoiding Facebook like the plague. My dream is to be a writer someday, and I need to start somewhere. For me blogging is that start. It is getting me out there and making me write more often. Even though my posts are mainly reviews, any little bit of writing will help me grow. Thanks for reading my blog, even if you don't follow me or check out any other post thank you for taking the time to read it. I appreciate the page views because I work hard on every post. 

One final thing...

Where would I be if I didn't say that one of the things I learned about blogging is that my wife is right. She is the one who pushed me to do this because she believed I could do this. She was right, and this is the only time I will ever put that in writing. :-P

What have you learned??? Sorry for going on so long but there is a ton more I learned that didn't make it here. 

15 comments:

  1. HTML editing for me :)New follower, check out my ff at http://myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very good at HTML at all but I hope to learn it soon. Figure that could really help my blog. Thanks for following.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm new too! (really got going in June). I do books reviews and I have a lot of writing resources if you want to check it out. Happy Friday! New bloglovin follower.

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following. I look forward to checking out your writing resources.

      Delete
  3. Yep, those are handy :) Thanks for sharing!

    follower via bloglovin & gfc

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/feature-and-follow-60.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually, when you blog in the beginning, you go on a posting craze and it doesn't work. A lot of people post every day, but you don't have to! I used to and now I post like 4 times a week.

    Followed!

    Check out my feature in return? Don’t forget to follow via Bloglovin’!

    - Nova @ Musings of a Blogder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was stressing that I wasn't reading fast enough to have a post everyday. I have since let that slide, it also helps I had a bunch of books I was reading at once and I finished them around the same time so I had some posts I could schedule to give myself a break.

      Thanks for following.

      Delete
  5. Your blog looks really great! I can't really believe that you've only been doing this less than a month. I started a few months ago myself, and it took me a long time to figure everything out.

    I'm a new bloglovin follower!

    Here's my FF post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm really proud of myself for what I've done. I have some great friends who have helped a lot, and blogger had a template so a decent start there. I pick up on things pretty quickly, but I really appreciate your feedback.

      Delete
  6. Hey, I like your blog so far. It looks good. I think it's awesome you read comic books. I am a major Bat Girl, and Super Girl fan myself. Happy Friday, and good luck to you! :)

    New follower via email and bloglovin.

    My Feature & Follow
    Whit@Whit's Book World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read the New 52 reboot of Bat Girl. I read a lot of comics so hopefully you will enjoy my future reviews. Thank you so much for following me.

      Delete
  7. Hi I’m following thru from Parajunkie’s follow friday.
    You can follow me back at
    "Literary Quill Promotions"

    "Literary Quill Reviews"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!!! I am glad you took the plunge. I really think blogging is fun. I avoided facebook for a really really long time. Then in 2009 I think I finally got on it. I actually enjoy it. But it is a lot of nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm really glad I took the plunge too. I am having a lot of fun with this. Thanks for helping out with all my questions.

      Delete