Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0

Bout of Books
I have decided to participate in the Bout of Books event. I have been in a bit of a reading slump and could really use the motivation to get back into my rhythm. This will be my first blogging event and I am really excited. A friend of mine, Angie at
told me about this event and I am very grateful that she did. Here is the little blurb about what this event is.
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Since this is my first event I am really looking forward to this. As mentioned, I have been in a bit of a reading slump for a little while. I don't have a lot of time to read these days, but when I do I find other things to fill my time. I have also been reading more graphic novels recently because I can finish them in one quick sitting. The worst part about my slump is that I have two amazing books I am reading right now. When I pick these up to read, I can't put them down, but once I stop I find it difficult to want to pick them back up. I know that this event is not for a little while but if I am still in my slump my goal is to finish what I have in front of me during that week. I will post a separate goals and progress post during the event. That way I can update with progress and any challenges I participate in each day. Here is hoping I can meet my goals. Should be a fun week.

3 comments:

  1. Blogging events are really fun, and I'm sure you'll enjoy this. Frankly, as busy as you are, I'm amazed at all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to this. This being my first event I am really excited, I also like that I can set my own goals so I won't be overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete